Exploiting website vulnerabilities is a major problem in the world. This is exclusive because websites are open to the internet and hence can potentially reveal sensitive and confidential data that interests the evil hackers. This is mainly the reason why web security testing services are so important for all the business organizations. The computer could be completely compromised without you knowing it. All the important data could be stolen or modified over time.Here Soritus comes into the picture, our experienced team of Quality Analysts take a hard pass on the website security parameters and then delivers to the customer.
Is your application or software missing the proper security hardening across any part of the stack? It can be due to the below reasons:
- The Software may be outdated, which includes the OS, Web/App Server, DBMS, applications, and all code libraries
- Unnecessary features enabled or installed in your computer
- Default accounts and their passwords are authorized and cannot be changed
- Error handling is not revealing stack traces or other overly informative error messages to users
- Security settings in your development frameworks (e.g., Struts, Spring, ASP.NET) and libraries not set to secure values
Without an interactive, repeatable application security configuration process, all the systems are at an extremely high risk.
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VAPT) are both security services whose main aim is to identify the vulnerabilities in the network, server and infrastructure of the system. Both the services serve a different purpose and are carried out to achieve different goals. Vulnerability Assessment primarily concentrates on the internal organizational security, while the Penetration Testing, on the other hand, focuses on external real-world risk.
VA and PT vary from each other in two factors. The VA process basically provides a horizontal map into the security position of the network and application, however the PT process executes a vertical deep dive into all the findings.
To say it in another way round, the VA process shows how big, actually, a vulnerability is, while the PT shows how worst it is.
Because of the nature of work involved in each of these processes, a VA can be done using automated tools, while a PT, in most of the cases, is a manual process.
At Soritus, we don’t compromise with the process and take deep dive into the system and perform the below mentioned steps to make sure that the system is safe and sound.
- Scanning the network or application.
- Searching for security flaws.
- Exploiting the security flaws.
- Preparing the final report of the test.>
- Remediation of every vulnerability.
Cyber attack has become a real-world problem today, with thousands of networks and websites being compromised every single day. Customers throughout the globe are spending thousands of Dollars just to keep their data safe.
Some of the basic reasons we see for carrying out a Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing (VAPT) are as follows:
- Customer needs – Customers requesting Security Certifications from their partners or vendors is becoming more and more common practice.
- Compliance – A wide number of industry standards & legislations have incorporated Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing (VAPT) as a statutory requirement.
- Security validation – Vulnerability Assessment & Penetration Testing (VAPT) helps in validating security controls and measures against some real-world attacks.
- Best-practice & data security – As per the increase in attacker's scale and threats, a need to carry out proactive security audits in order to protect the data and system become essential.
We at Soritus, believe in providing our customers with the highest quality of products with zero vulnerability. We take all the precautionary measures just to make sure that the final product goes out in the market is fully compatible with the real world.